Creating An Estate Planning Checklist
If you have any assets, even if they are minimal, you should work with an experienced estate planning attorney and make plans for your estate.
The following checklist can help guide your next steps:
- Schedule a free consultation at one of our convenient office locations (Scottsdale, Phoenix, Chandler, or Tucson) with an experienced attorney at Brown & Hobkirk, PLLC
- Determine your assets: include what you currently own, and how you expect those assets to gain in value (ex: bank accounts, IRA accounts, savings, real property you own, stocks, etc.)
- Determine your beneficiaries: include to whom you would like to leave your assets (ex: spouse, children, other family members, friends, and/or charitable organizations)
- Determine what you need to bring to your consultation: bring information about your assets, beneficiaries, and any required beneficiary forms with you to your consultation. Our Estate Planning Questionnaire will assist you in gathering this information
- Determine what forms need to be filed: you will work closely with an attorney at Brown & Hobkirk, PLLC to prepare and file any necessary forms with your bank, insurance company, and/or any other entities to ensure that your accounts are distributed according to your estate plan
- Determine where to store your estate plan documents: choose a secure location that is easily accessible to your family. Make sure to disclose the location of your estate plan documents to your attorney, spouse, and the individuals you intend to nominate to serve as an agent, personal representative, or trustee
Contact Brown & Hobkirk, PLLC today for your free consultation!