Personal Injury: What Questions Should I Ask My Personal Injury Lawyer?
At Brown & Hobkirk, with over 20 years of experience practicing personal injury law, we’ve found the following to be the 5 most frequently asked questions by our personal injury clients:
1. How long have you been practicing in this area of law? The longer a lawyer has been practicing personal injury law, the better. It’s also important that the lawyer has been practicing in your state and has experience in your geographic location.
2. How much will this cost? Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis; you don’t pay them unless they win your case. If they win, they receive a percentage of the damages. Typically, about one-third of your recovery from the at-fault party.
3. Will you be the one handling my case? At Brown & Hobkirk, you will always be working directly with an experienced partner on your case.
4. What do you need from me to get started? You will be asked to provide documents and evidence, such as police reports, photographs and video, medical reports, pay stubs, insurance information, witness testimonials, etc.
5. How long will this process last? Your lawyer may be able to provide you with a rough timeline, but keep in mind that timelines can vary widely depending on the type of your accident and the severity of your injuries.
Have more questions? Contact us today for your free personal injury consultation!